This is probably one of the easiest DIY’s you’ll ever come across plus you can easily substitute essential oils to create your favorites scents.
So why use a body scrub? I’ve talked about why we use a facial exfoliator, for the body the reasons are similar. On average we shed anywhere from 11,000 to 20,000 skin cells an hour, kinda yuck if you think about it. With a body scrub you help get off all those dead cells and bring the healthy young cells out to show off.
A few of the benefits of body scrubbing are:
- It rejuvenates your skin by sloughing of dead cells and other impurities found on your skin.
- It can be relaxing when you take the time to give yourself a little mini spa treatment.
- It really makes the skin feel better and look better by removing all those lifeless dead cells.
- It helps moisturize the skin by helping the skin absorb moisture better.
- Other benefits are improvement in blood circulation and lymph node draining due to the stimulation when you are working the scrub into your body
- Scrubs can also protect against ingrown hairs and minimize the appearance of pores. Dirty pores look bigger!
So, lets get to the recipe already!
1 C White or Brown Sugar
20-30 drops of your favorite citrus essential oil (this is where you can also substitute the scent of your choice, or mix and match) Orange and Rosemary is still one of my fav combos.
¼ C of carrier oil, such as coconut, jojoba, almond, olive
Process: Combine your ingredients in a bowl, store in a glass air tight jar to preserve freshness and scent. BE CAREFUL though cause it can make your tub or shower a little slippery!