Why do we need to exfoliate?
Exfoliation is probably the most important step that is consistently skipped. Most of “blackheads” you see on your nose and chin are there because you didn’t exfoliate. Exfoliation is a fancy word for removal. Removal of all the dead skin cells that are just sitting on your face. On average our skin cells turn over every 28 days or so, that of course slows down as we age, also not every skin cell is turning over at the same time otherwise our whole face would peel at once. Basically, our skin cells are always turning over and we need to exfoliate to get them off.
Top reasons to exfoliate
· Helps counteract signs of aging
· Removal of dry/dead skin so new skin can be nourished
· Increased blood circulation
· Helps reduce breakouts
· Increases the efficiency of your skin care products so you don’t waste money
Ok we know the why, so what about the what? What exfoliator do I choose for my skin type?
A few things to keep in mind when choosing an exfoliant.
· Know your skin type
· Think about your lifestyle- do you sweat a lot, wear heavy makeup
· Know allergies and sensitivities
· Research and educate yourself- get an Aesthetics Mentor to help you
Don’t forget to watch my “how to exfoliate your face” tutorial!